Today I would like to give my little review on the Food, inc. movie. Well, first of all they made a big mistake on using the word evolution, which should have been creation instead. They kept on referring to the Evolution Religion Theory about two or three times, when we all know the truth that we and everything around us was created by our God Creator. They also referred to some history being about 10,000 years when it should have been about 6,000 years. Second of all, the way people described the movie, I expected to see some teenagers spit in people’s foods at fast food restaurants, but the movie did NOT have that at all, they went way deeper then I expected them to go, they actually revealed what is happening even before the food gets to the grocery stores and fast food restaurants. So, the movie is pretty interesting on all the other topics, at the same time you can see that they could show you more on their topics, but something or someone was not letting them. The Food, inc. Movie was really disapproving or revealing lots of negative secrets behind the food processing of couple major companies. One of the companies was a major meat producer. And the other one is the major agricultural company. The meat company has these statements to say for themselves, which were taken directly from their website, they named it “Our Core Values”:
“We are a company of people engaged in the production of food, seeking to pursue truth and integrity, and committed to creating value for our shareholders, our customers, and our people in the process.
Who we are:
– We strive to be a company of diverse people working together to produce food.
– We strive to be honorable people.
– We strive to be a faith-friendly company.
What we do:
– We feed our families, the nation, and the world with trusted food products.
– We serve as stewards of the animals, land, and environment entrusted to us.
– We strive to provide a safe work environment for our Team Members.
How we do it:
– We strive to earn consistent and satisfactory profits for our shareholders and to invest in our people, products, and processes.
– We strive to operate with integrity and trust in all we do.
– We strive to honor God and be respectful of each other, our customers, and other stakeholders.”
After reading this on their website and after watching the Food, inc. movie it is actually not that easy to tell who is telling the truth. So, I guess it is up to you to make your own decision and research on this argument.
The agricultural company has many leading brands listed under them. This agricultural company has these statements to say for themselves, which is taken directly from their website, they named it “Our Pledge”:
“Our Pledge is our commitment to how we do business. It is a declaration that compels us to listen more, to consider our actions and their impact broadly, and to lead responsibly. It helps us to convert our values into actions, and to make clear who we are and what we champion.
– Integrity is the foundation for all that we do. Integrity includes honesty, decency, consistency, and courage. Building on those values, we are committed to:
– We will listen carefully to diverse points of view and engage in thoughtful dialogue. We will broaden our understanding of issues in order to better address the needs and concerns of society and each other.
– We will ensure that information is available, accessible, and understandable.
– We will share knowledge and technology to advance scientific understanding, to improve agriculture and the environment, to improve crops, and to help farmers in developing countries.
– We will use sound and innovative science and thoughtful and effective stewardship to deliver high-quality products that are beneficial to our customers and to the environment.
– We will respect the religious, cultural, and ethical concerns of people throughout the world. The safety of our employees, the communities where we operate, our customers, consumers, and the environment will be our highest priority.
Act as Owners to Achieve Results:
– We will create clarity of direction, roles, and accountability; build strong relationships with our customers and external partners; make wise decisions; steward our company resources; and take responsibility for achieving agreed-upon results.
Create a Great Place to Work:
– We will ensure diversity of people and thought; foster innovation, creativity and learning; practice inclusive teamwork; and reward and recognize our people.”
And again After reading these statements on their website and after watching the Food, inc. movie it is actually not that easy to tell who is telling the truth. So, I guess it is up to you to make your own decision and research on this argument, because I wasn’t there myself and I didn’t see neither of the companies on the inside, so I can’t tell you what is going on there, and at the same time I don’t know who are the real people behind creating the Food, inc. movie. In other words, the movie Food, inc. is not enough for you to start believing everything they tell you, you need to research yourself too. What I did like about the movie a lot is that they promoted and supported Organic Foods, Local Farmers, and Little Private Gardens. Local, Organic, and Private Gardens or Farms are very important for our own health these days, especially with all the genetically engineered junk around us. In the movie they said a very true statement which was something like “When We Make a Purchase – We Make a Vote”. So, just remember if you want healthier foods and better quality products in stores and everywhere else, then you can vote for that by buying it, instead of supporting Foreign Made stuff or Genetically Engineered Junk Foods and Seeds. If you would like to go and buy this movie then just click HERE or on its picture.