Eating healthy is the best way to keep your immune system in its top shape. Having your immune system up and running means your body will be very healthy and strong against many viruses and diseases. Having your body strong and healthy may lower your insurance costs.
What? Is that true? Yep, it’s true, eating healthy may save you money on health insurance. Actually these kind of savings have been in effect in health insurance industry for quiet a while now.
There are special programs available through some insurance companies where you can get credit for having a healthy lifestyle. Is having a health credit legal? Yes, it is. The HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) does contain some guidelines against imposing different deductibles and premiums based on someone’s health situation. But the United Healthcare applied a Vital Measures program which uses a high deductible health care plan together with a fully insured supplemental plan that can reimburse the co-payments or deductibles which suppose to be exempt from HIPAA. Continue reading
Well I’d say the title says it all, this article or list is about the least expensive cars to insure. So if you are shopping around for a car and really care about the insurance cost for that car, then this list will give you an option of 28 cars to choose from. Also, if you are interested in seeing the list of the most expensive cars to insure, then just go here to my older article called just like that The Most Expensive Cars To Insure. Thank you for visiting this article and please remember to share it :) Continue reading
From time to time people wonder what exactly are the home insurance policies cover. Normally homeowners insurance covers damage made to your home made by fire, hail, ice, lightning, sleet, smoke, snow, theft, vandalism, and wind.
Some or most Insurance Companies will also let your policy cover these areas:
- Medical payments
- Plumbing mishaps
- Personal liability
- Replacement costs
- Your possessions (both on and off the premises)
At the time when you’ll be getting your Insurance Quote, remember to ask your Insurance agent regarding these types of coverages. Did you know that some Insurance companies can provide a personal liability coverage which may insure you up to $500,000 in case of someone getting hurt inside of your home (or even if you accidentally hurt somebody on the golf course). The Insurance Coverage called Off-premise will generally protect your things, even the ones in your trunk, to a varying extent that depends on limits and deductibles. Continue reading
Insurance costs are typically lower on motorcycles than on cars because these are not generally driven year-round vehicles. An additional difference of motorcycle insurance from the car one is that you can drive a motorcycle on a permit without a licensed operator.
The key factors involved in getting motorcycle premiums are: years licensed (or permitted) participation in a motorcycle driver training course, the value of your motorcycle, the motorcycle’s engine size (or CC’s), the experience of the driver, the actual city that motorcycle will be kept in, and the insurance coverage you’ll choose. Continue reading
According to a survey which was taken on November in 2006 the majority of Americans think that smokers and the obese people should be paying more for their health insurance policies. At the same time, the people who were surveyed didn’t know how to assist the millions of American citizens who currently have no health insurance.
The total number of surveyed people was more than 1,500, and 80% of them believed that the current American health care system should be improved. In 2006 it was estimated that about 46 million people in America had no health insurance. Furthermore that study indicated that 60% of those surveyed people specified favoring elevated insurance premiums for people who smoke. Also, 30% of them preferred higher insurance premiums for the obese people in the US.
In 2006 the health insurance industry surprisingly started supporting universal health insurance plan for American citizens. The rate of uninsured Americans is still rising while the prices for health care and prescription drugs are dramatically escalating. Continue reading
Have you recently wondered about the benefits of online quotes for home insurance? Well formerly, it was much harder, annoying and very time consuming to get a good amount of quotes for home insurance. On the other hand these days, to get a home insurance quote has become way easier because of the comfortable use of the internet. People don’t have to sit for hours on the phone or drive around in order to get the best home insurance quote.
If you are still new to the internet and its possibilities, then read these Benefits of finding Online Quotes for Home Insurance below:
1. – Easy ability to search for home insurance at your own time of the day, night, or week instead of being limited to office hours.
2. – Easy access to a large amount of insurance companies from which to get online quotes for home insurance.
3. – Ability to access a huge amount of home insurance plans, which makes it easier to search for something that better meets your requirements. Continue reading
Car insurance, like health expenses, can eat up a huge chunk of our salary. However, like our health is important, investing on car insurance is also essential to our safety and recovery if accidents do occur. It is important to get the right car insurance policy suited for your needs and budget.
Here are some tips to help you decide on the right car insurance policy for you:
- First step is to not stay ignorant. Research and make inquiries to know what’s available in the market. Reputation and background is a good gauge to decide on whom to trust, you don’t want your money going into nothing. Use tools like the internet to investigate on these companies. Impressions and experiences from your family and friends can also be a great help in assessing these car insurance providers. Be sure you are equipped with enough sensible information so that you can weigh all these companies against each other and finally make your decision who to partner with.
- Second tip is to be aware of the different types of coverage and insurance terminologies. There are many technical terms in car insurance and if you have no idea what these terms mean it can be confusing. Make sure to understand these terminologies so that you’ll also understand your overall policy and the benefits you get out of it. Likewise, there are items in the policy that can be optional, thus you can opt to omit such items to lessen your expenses. Make sure to learn these terms and types so that you won’t be taken advantage of. Continue reading
Whether you have been riding and driving a motorcycle for more years than you could remember, or you are just a novice rider, here are safety tips that applies to everyone:
- First is to make sure that you are equipped and well prepared for the riding season. Here are some things to consider in doing that. After a long period of winter season before using your motorbike make sure to wake it up first from hibernation.
a. First is to test three primary items; examine and turn on the lights, the breaks and the signals. Make sure that each one is functioning properly before doing anything else.
b. Next is to ensure your oil and fuel levels. You might need to do an oil change and refill your tank with sufficient fuel.
c. Thirdly, check if your mirrors are aligned and in proper position.
d. Another very important item to check is if there are ragged or damaged cables that you might need to replace or fix.
e. After checking that make sure to lubricate and adjust the chains following your manufacturer’s features.
f. Lastly, it will not hurt you to develop those riding skills by getting into a rider training course, this might be helpful in the long run. Continue reading
Workers compensation insurance is a form of providing wage replacement and medical benefits to employees injured in the course of employment in exchange for mandatory relinquishment of the employee’s right to sue his or her employer for the tort of negligence. To find out more about Workers Compensation Insurance go to this Wikipedia Page. Do you fully know the coverage of workers compensation insurance? It is important to know because it may be necessary for you to carry this based on your business capacity, size and location. There have been several issues embracing workers compensation insurance such as high rates in some states and cheating in the system.
Nonetheless, this is required except for states that are agricultural or domestic in nature and for some work situations. Basically, workers compensation insurance covers employers in cases wherein an employee is injured on the job. Being a small entrepreneur, you should be fully aware of the need and the guidelines involved. Continue reading
There are a handful of insurance types available in out there and one of the most common is Life Insurance. It can be overwhelming but it’s not that complicated if you know what you are looking for. There are simple and multifaceted policies available depending on your family’s needs. Here are simple tips that you can consider as you try to find the best plan for your family.
- First step is to know what’s out there. Investigate the market; know and compare what is being offered, the company offering it, how their agents make profit, their background and reputation, their standing in the current market, and how they take care of their clients. Ignorance is not an excuse, learn to ask sensible questions and do your homework before deciding on anything.
- The next important tip is to determine what and how much you really need. Nobody knows what you and your family needs better than you, so do assess and decide on how much coverage you really need. Naturally more value on policy means more cost so assess wisely. There are also available tools online that can help you calculate how much you really need. Continue reading